Paypal at Online Casinos
There are a number of casinos that accept PayPal as a means of payment for deposit and for withdrawals. The list of casinos choosing to accept PayPal has increased exponentially over the last decade as there has been a rise in popularity in online consumers and gamblers wanting to protect their personal information as well as leverage the ease and accessibility of online payment platforms.
Some examples of world-renowned casinos accepting PayPal include:
- Jackpot City
- Ruby Fortune
Obtaining a PayPal Account
It is relatively straight forward and user-friendly to set up a new PayPal account for users looking to use PayPal for online deposits, withdrawals and other transactions online. In order to sign up online, you select create an account and are asked for some personal details such as:
- First name
- Last name
- Contact information
- Payment information; you can use a debit or chequing account and/ or attach or link one or more credit cards.
Depositing with PayPal
As mentioned above, you can and are asked to link different payment methods to your account. You can then choose which of these accounts you would like to use for each transaction. Before you are able to do this, you are required to verify your identity and your accounts online for security reasons.
Once you have done this, you select the account, the amount, and where you would like the money to go. As with online bank accounts, it is easy to add payees and users to receive money from your account. You can also set up accounts in different currencies should you need to.
Withdrawing via PayPal
When you are withdrawing from your casino or online gambling account, you can add funds directly to your PayPal account. This simply requires selecting PayPal as the deposit location when you go to withdraw. The funds may take three to five business days to appear in your account as it can take time to process the money. Once the funds are in your PayPal account in the currency that you withdrew them in, you can add them to your bank account in whatever currency that account is in. You can also keep them in your PayPal account for future transactions.
Advantages of PayPal
Some of the advantages and pros of PayPal include:
- Easy access; you can access PayPal from any computer with an internet browser, as well as using your mobile and portable devices including cellphones and tablets.
- Safety; using PayPal protects your account and credit card information as PayPal is a secure platform with multifactor security measures and methods. It allows users top-notch security for their personal information
- Language and currency options; PayPal is an international platform and therefore has different currency and language options for users.
Disadvantages of PayPal
- Deposit and withdrawal limits; PayPal has some limits in terms of how much can be deposited and withdrawals and therefore can limit both the amount users can move as well as the number of transactions in a day, week or month.
- Terms of service; if PayPal has of any inkling that you are violating any element of the terms of service, they reserve the right to freeze your account and funds.