We all love the word free. It may be because we love to get something for free, especially if we don’t have to give anything in return. That’s why free bets are so popular in 2021. These exquisite currencies that are found in every betting site and also online casinos represent the excitement and benefits of playing or betting online.
That’s why we’ll explain here exactly what these free bets are. That means we’ll show you the differences between free bets and a betting bonus, the types of free bets that exist, the free bets for regular betting site customers, and of course the terms that require free bets to be used correctly.
Don’t miss out on what’s coming your way here at Casinoble Ireland and learn everything you wanted to know about free bets and also the beloved free spins! Let’s get started!
Best Free Bets 2021
Next, we’ll show you first of all, what are the best free bets of 2021 in Ireland. With so many currently available on the market, it’s only right to show you what the best in the industry look like first! Take a look and see if you can find your ideal site to use!
Free Bets vs Betting Bonus
There are of course differences between free bets and free spins, and betting bonuses. Although they sound similar and both guarantee money for your betting account, the truth is that they have a few things that separate them in their usefulness.
Let’s now look at what those differences are and where you need to pay attention to get exactly what you need for your best bets in 2021.
The king of online casinos and even sportsbooks will always, always be the deposit bonus. Why is that? Because they are the most complete package you can ask for in a betting platform.
Deposit bonuses themselves are promotions in which you deposit a certain amount of money of your own, be it €10, €20, €50, or even €100, and in return, you will receive one or more things from the betting site in return. Typically you will receive a percentage of your deposit as a bonus. Let’s say for example that the site you choose offers a 100% bonus, which means that if you deposit €100, that site will give you another €100 in the form of a bonus. And this bonus can come in various forms, you almost always get credits on the site, but there are also free spins and free bets to go with it.
Now let’s get down to what all players and bettors want, which is free spins and free bets. What these two varieties have in common is that they serve as virtual money to be used in slots (free spins) or in sports betting such as football, tennis, boxing, or golf (free bets).
They are known as virtual money because they have to be given to you by the betting site itself when you make a deposit, as part of a promotion, or because you are a loyal customer that the site wants to give something away. Of course, you can’t take these free bets to another site, nor can you simply redeem them for money without having played anything. Because what they are for is to give you a boost or open up possibilities to place bets that you couldn’t or wouldn’t place before.
What you do have to bear in mind, and here we are also talking about deposit bonuses, free spins no deposit, or free bets, is that they are all tied to certain bonus conditions, which we will talk about below.
Free Bet Types
The type of free bet is very important when choosing the one that corresponds to our favorite bets. Because there is no point in choosing a type of free bet if you can’t use it later on. Hence, there are four important types of free bets, which will be useful for one thing or another.
Let’s take a look at the exact differences between welcome free bets, which you can use after your deposits. Then there is the no deposit free bet, which you can use if you don’t want to make a deposit before playing. You also have the matched free bet, which matches your own bet or deposit. And finally, we’ll go to the risk-free bet, which you can imagine what that means!
Welcome Free Bet
If you start at a betting site and decide to make a deposit, chances are that you have seen or have been convinced by a welcome bonus, which includes free bets. On sports betting sites, this type of promotion is really very common.
Because on the one hand you will get site credits or even cash, and on the other hand you get free bets. These are an excellent option if you want to, say, place a €5 bet on football, but only want to spend €2 and use €3 of free bets for the rest.
To find out how to use each welcome bonus that includes free bets or consists only of free bets or free spins, you’ll just need to read the bonus terms and conditions, as always.
Free Bet No Deposit
2021 has asked for no deposit bonuses and free spins, and betting sites have offered them. With so much demand from new players who want to try betting sites for the first time, but without spending any money, free bet no deposit is now an industry standard.
Free bet no deposit means that you don’t have to spend your own money to place a bet online. The sites have realized the popularity of these bets, so they are becoming easier and easier to find, and even the conditions for these bonuses are getting better and better.
Matched Free Bet
A standard feature of almost all Irish bookmaker promotions is to offer matched free bets. These are especially useful for both the sites and the players because they guarantee a win-win balance. The punter deposits say €50, and the bookmaker matches it with free bets.
This is why matched free bets appear so regularly in promotions. In fact, where you’re most likely to find a matched free bet is during tournaments, events, or specific championships that have special promotions.
Are you a bit scared of betting online for the first time? Well, don’t worry. Because betting sites know that some people don’t fully trust online betting and that’s why they offer risk-free bets. This means that if you sign up to a new betting site and lose your first bet, the site will give you back the same amount in the form of a bonus or a free bet.
Obviously, this is a unique opportunity for those who do not know exactly whether or not to bet on sport. Because thanks to the risk-free bet, there is never any danger of actually losing the money, but you always get that bet amount back.
Free Bets For Existing Customers
Did you think that free bets and free spins are limited to new customers? Well, think again. Because free bets are a heavyweight of the online gambling industry and the sites want to reward all types of players, not just new ones. That’s why there are various promotions, events, and exclusive offers for existing customers.
This means that regular customers and players of the betting sites regularly have the opportunity to win a good amount of free bets. Below we will go through each of these ways to win free bets as an existing customer.
- Loyalty Program: Loyalty programs are very important in both online casinos and sportsbooks. Because as well as being a way of making customers feel valued, it also serves to give them extra motivation to keep playing. In fact, there are even sites that reward their players with trips or restaurant vouchers, but only if they reach the highest levels. For everyone else there are always plenty of free bets, so they can bet on their favorite markets, much more than they thought they would.
- Specific Events: Just like loyalty programs, events are also part of the daily life of the betting sites. These events serve to add a bit of life and entertainment to the site, often based around holidays such as Halloween or Christmas, or of course tournaments such as Texas Hold’em, Blackjack, or Roulette. The prizes in these events or tournaments always include free bets or free spins, depending on the type of event.
- Wagering Targets: Those who reach a target, win. That goes without saying, wherever it takes place. And the same applies to betting sites. Because existing customers are often told that if they reach a certain amount of wagering on the site, they will receive prizes in return. Among these rewards, the king of all of course is free bets. This serves to motivate customers, who already exceed a certain amount or who need a little push to reach a specific goal.
- Engagement: A very common activity in bookmakers around the world is the engagement to receive free bets. That means that at certain times, certain markets, odds, and predictions come with a prize, which happens to be free bets. So, for example, if you bet on one of those predictions, you can get free bets in return.
- Enhanced Odds: If what a betting site wants is for you to get better odds on sports markets, then they will offer you boosts or accumulators. That means that you will have to bet on certain odds that they have chosen or put together, to give more power to the existing odds. If you win one of these boosts, then you usually get some nice free bets.
Free Bet Terms
Well, now we’ve come to the less fun part of the free bets. It’s time to talk about the terms and conditions that are attached to any free bets or free spins no deposit promotions you might come across.
Bonus terms and conditions are a must. And it’s not that the betting site wants to bind you to their measures and requirements, but that these conditions really serve to lay the cards on the table and ensure that both sides are fair. This implies customer acceptance as well as clear, transparent, fair, and honest requirements from the betting site.
At Casinoble we are specialists in verifying, analyzing, and testing the free bet conditions offered by betting sites. That’s why we want to share with you the most important factors that make up the free bet terms.
- Qualifying Bet: First of all, it should always be clear how much money the site wants from its customers. This is where the term qualifying bet comes in. Because of course it is not the same to deposit €1 and want €20 in free bets, as it is to deposit €20 and receive another €20 in free bets. That’s why you will always come across qualifying bets, in order to start the bonus under fair conditions for everyone. But don’t worry, because every betting site will always display them in advance, so you know what you’re getting into.
- Type of Bet: The type of bet, as you can imagine, is crucial. Because just because there’s a bonus written somewhere, it doesn’t mean you’ll be able to redeem it anywhere. Betting sites offer their free bets and bonuses at specific locations and bet types, where you will have to place the bet, they will ask you to place. This is the only way to qualify for free bets as well.
- Minimum Odds: A small element that will almost always appear at the beginning of the free bets terms is the value of the odds that your bets have to have in order to qualify for the free bets. Normally, bookmakers use this to avoid massive betting at very low odds and having to give away free bets to everyone. But don’t think that the minimum odds are huge either, as the bookmakers just want to make sure that the free bet conditions are viable.
- Specific Events: Just as there are specific types of bets, there are of course also events. Let’s say for example the football World Cup or the LoL World Championship is taking place. Betting sites will obviously not ignore these events and therefore always offer promotions that include free bets. Bear in mind that if you see promotions like this, you will always have to bet on those events to get your free bets.
- Winning Cap: Of course, there are also limits to the free bets you can win. That’s why there are winning caps, which will tell you exactly what the amounts are and where you can use the free bets. Luckily there are all kinds of winning caps, so you never have to feel limited.
- Time Limit: If you have free bets in your account, it might be wise to use them as soon as possible or at least see how long they will last. Because the free bet terms will always tell you how long those free bets you’ve won will be worth. In this way, bookmakers always make sure that the free bets are always on the move again, without accumulating in users’ accounts.
- Wagering Requirement: Now we come to one of the most talked-about aspects and the one that scares many punters the most. The wagering requirements. These are usually the most sought-after line in all free bet terms, as they serve to tell participants and qualified players how much money they will have to wager in order to win or withdraw money and free bets. It is usual to find wagering requirements as low as 25x, but there are also 50x wagering requirements, which you should avoid.
- Account Crediting: Once you have fulfilled all the requirements, you will usually want your free bets in your account as soon as possible. But it’s often not that quick. Many betting sites will tell you that in order for them to be credited to your account, you will have to wait a certain number of days or even wait for the promotion or event to end. This can be annoying but think that it is only a matter of time before you receive free money!
There are many ways to get both free bets and bonuses. However, the most common options are certainly the deposit bonuses and promotions on each betting site. So not only will you get free bets when you register on a platform, but you will also have them at your disposal when you become a regular customer.
It is normal for free bets to have an expiry date, especially if they come from a bookmaker’s event. But don’t worry because most of the time you will have a week or more to use them. If you don’t use them, they will simply disappear or cease to be valid on your account.
Free bets can obviously be very useful for various occasions. The best situation is if you use them to boost your initial bet, by giving more value to a bet or by giving away free bets to create accumulators.
Because it is an ideal marketing strategy to attract and entertain customers. In this way, customers and users of a site have the opportunity to play with more money, and the betting site has the opportunity to make them participate in events and register on the platform.
That always depends on the betting site you have chosen. Normally, if you make a deposit bonus that includes free bets, then you will receive them automatically, once you have verified your account and are about to place a bet. Other free bets may appear after a promotion or an event you have qualified for.
If you’re interested in finding the best free bet offers in Ireland, then we suggest you take a look at our list of betting sites and online casinos that offer free bets in 2021. At Casinoble we always choose the best platforms, to guarantee you the best possible experience.
Free bets are usually part of a welcome bonus, which can be found all over the internet, or in forums or promotions on the site itself. At Casinoble for example we list not only platforms that offer free bets, but also some of the best you’ll find in Ireland.
The difference between the two offers is that free bets are linked to sports betting sites, while free spins are intended for slots.
Sure! Free bets are like a virtual currency on the betting site for you to place real bets and win money. The only thing you have to take into account to get your money is the conditions of the free bets. As soon as you fulfill them, you will be able to get your money without any problems!
No. That is impossible. Free bets are not like the euro or the pound. Free bets are part of a betting site, where they give you a certain amount of virtual money to use on their site. They are also tied to free bet terms, which will require you to meet certain requirements before you can withdraw them or convert them into real money.