Google Pay: What is it?
Formerly known as Android Pay and Pay with Google, Google Pay is an online payment system and a digital wallet set up by Google. It was established to help with tap-to-pay and in-app purchases on watches, tablets, and Android phones.
Although this platform is owned by Google and optimized for Android devices, if you live in India or the United States, you can use it on an iOS device. Nonetheless, you will have some limitations.
How to Deposit in a Casino Using Google Pay
Making deposits with Google Pay in a casino is quite straight forward. It is a short process that requires just five minutes. To make a payment with Google Pay in a casino, follow the steps below.
- Select a casino. Once you select the casino you want to play in, you will see a couple of payment alternatives on the payment interface. Select GPay as your alternative
- Fill in the amount you want to deposit
- This is the point you pick the card you want to use in making the deposit
- Verify your card by entering a password or using biometric identification
- Now, you can proceed with whatever game you want to play in the casino.
Terms, min deposit, max deposit in casinos?
The minimum amount that can be deposited at casinos with Google Play is €10. This way, you do not need to spend a lot of money to enjoy whatever game you are interested in while the maximum amount is
Min Withdrawal, Max Withdrawal in Casinos
For now, it cannot be used in making withdrawals in casinos.
Transactions carried out with Google Pay are very fast. Usually, they can be done in about five minutes.
Secure Transactions? – Is it Safe?
When making payments with Google Pay, you can be certain issues of insecurity will not rise as the safety and security of your transactions are valued very highly. When transactions are carried out with Google Pay and your credit or debit card, the app replaces your actual number with a special digital card number. The implication of this is no business gets to see your card number.
The benefit of using it for Online Casino
There are quite a few benefits associated with using Google Pay for casinos. Some of them are;
It Saves Time
- Making payments with Google Pay in casinos is easy. However, beyond being easy. It helps you save time. When making payments with this platform, you need to position your smartphone close to a checkout terminal.
- When making payment, there will be no need to sign an extra signature or fill in a pin.
- Additionally, you will not need to put up with queues associated with cash and card payments.
- Google Pay makes use of a technology known as NFC (Near Field Communication). This technology makes it possible for people to exchange data through wireless means and over a short distance.
- When making use of Google Pay, the POS system and your smartphone, should be NFC-capable. So long as your Android device comes with an NFC chip and uses the Android operating system Lollipop 5.0, you can be certain it is NFC-capable. That’s not all.
- Your smartphone has to support HCE (Host Card Emulation) capable. This technology is one that is used in dematerializing smart cards in mobile payment systems that are NFC-based.
No Transactional Fees and Extra Costs
- When you make payments with Google Pay at a casino, you will not have to pay any transaction fees.
- In addition to not paying any fee for transactions, you will not have any business with extra costs apart from the amount you deposit when gambling.
- To make use of this payment platform, you need to head to the Play store and download the app. This will be done at no incurred cost.
Integrating Google Pay is Easy
- Casinos interested in making Google Pay a payment alternative can easily integrate it into their payment system. This is because Google offers them some assistance to get done with the process very rapidly.
- Casinos interested in adding Google Pay to the list of payment alternatives can do this using the Google Pay API.
- Once this is done, gamers can make payments by simply using the payment details they have stored in their Google Account.
- For a casino to use Google Pay as a payment alternative, they will need a POS-terminal that is compatible with NFC. When customers get to the payment point, they just have to position their device close to the terminal. This way, they can pay for their purchase securely, conveniently, and rapidly.
- The contactless system that Google Pay operates with offers a lot of security. In addition to offering a very secure method of making payments, it offers a lot of hygiene. In the past, this level of hygiene would not have amounted to anything. However, in today’s world, it counts for a lot.
- Since you will not have to make any form of contact while making payments, it is a great alternative to using cards and cash when in a casino.
Google Pay is Available in Lots of Countries
- Google Pay is available in over 40 countries. So, if you find yourself playing in a casino in any of these countries, you can always make contactless transactions so long your card and device are compatible. Some countries that support Google Pay are United States, United Kingdom, Unit Arab Emirates, Ukraine, Taiwan, etc.
- You must note that although these many countries allow gamblers to make payments with Google Pay in a casino, you cannot make use of all Google Pay features in some of these countries.
It Enjoys the Support of Major Banks
Google Pay has the support of most banks in Ireland. These banks are
- An Post
- Bank of Ireland
- Curve OS
- EML Money
- UAB ZEN.com
- Ulster Bank
- Viva wallet
- When you make use of Google Pay in a casino, you get to enjoy various layers of security. Users, therefore, can be sure they are well protected from fraudulent transactions and theft.
- This app works without storing your card’s number. You can be certain your card number will not be revealed on any app you use, on your device, or on any terminal or website you have had a transaction with.
- Furthermore, the card features secure encryption technology. This technology helps keep your data from getting compromised.
- Certain people are worried about their accounts getting compromised if they lose their phone. If you are one of these people, it is possible to prevent access to your device immediately it gets missing.
- Additionally, you can clean off any information you consider confidential using the Android Device Manager.
- Some users are also worried about accidental payments. When you use Google Pay, you can be sure you won’t have to deal with any accidental payment.
- Certain people believe there is a likelihood of paying for another customer’s transaction using a contactless terminal. This is not an event that you should be worried about as your card must be about 4cm from the card reader for a transaction to be successful.
- That’s not all. You will need to fill in your PIN when at the POS terminal so long your transaction is over €100. Every transaction comes with a unique code. You, therefore, will never pay for one transaction two times.
How to get a Google Pay Account?
To set up a Google Pay account, you must have a debit card, a bank account, and a Gmail account. As soon as you have all these in place, you can go ahead and set up a Google Pay account.
Just follow the steps below.
- Head to wallet.google.com
- Set-up an account with your Gmail
- Once you have your account ready, log into it your account, and connect your debit or credit card with your wallet. At this point, you can go on and use your account.
- Additionally, feel free to download the Google Wallet App on the Google play store and launch it.
History of the Company
Google Pay was established as Android Pay in 2015. It was released as a replacement for Google Wallet, which was set up in 2011. At its establishment, it made use of technology from Softcard as Google paid for Softcard’s intellectual property in February 2015.
At its release, Google Pay was well-matched with 70% of Android devices. Additionally, more than 700,000 merchants accepted it.
Now, Google Pay can be enjoyed in about 49 countries. While being launched in the UK, it was compatible with Visa and MasterCard debit and credit cards from many top financial institutions in the UK. Some of these organizations are MBNA, M&S Bank, Lloyds Bank, HSBC, Halifax, First Direct, and Bank of Scotland.
How it Works
Google Pay functions with near-field communication in transmitting card information, which leads to the transfer of funds from the buyer to the retailer. It is like payment methods that do not require any contacts. This is because debit or credit card chip, magnetic stripe, or PIN get uploaded in the Google Pay wallet. They, therefore, are not needed when transactions are done at point-of-sale terminals.
Google Pay makes use of a two-factor authentication feature. It, therefore, makes it possible for Android devices to communicate wirelessly with a point of sale network using Android’s security, host-based card emulation (HCE), and a near field communication (NFC).
When a device features a fingerprint ID, Google Pay works with such physical authentication. On the other hand, when a device does not feature a fingerprint ID, a password is needed for Google Pay to be activated.
When a payment is made to a merchant with Google Pay, instead of sending the debit or credit card number out, it develops an in-effect account number. This number acts in place of the account details of the user. This way, it can ensure the privacy of a client’s payment details.
Pros of Google Pay
- You get to enjoy immediate deposits
- Very high level of security
- Can be used by iOS and Android users
Cons of Google Pay
- Not many casinos work with Google Pay
- It does not work with Windows
Goog Pay FAQs
When looking to add your cards to Google Pay, there are two ways you can go about it. You can either decide to do it through Google Pay directly or through your bank’s mobile app. When looking to add your bank cards to Google Pay through its Mobile app, head to your bank’s mobile app, and click on Menu. Select cards and tap Digital Wallet. This will lead to the display of available digital wallets. Finally, click on Google Pay.
This has to be done for security reasons. When adding your card to Google Pay, the need to provide additional verification might arise. If, for any reason, you must verify your card, the Google Pay app will show you how to do it.
If you lose your device, you can lock it with the Android Device Administrator. After doing this, you can proceed to make a new password and take out your personal details from the missing device.
It is also important your mobile carrier gets notified.
If you misplace your card but still have your mobile device, get in touch with your bank immediately. Make your bank know you added your card to Google Pay. As soon as your bank gets aware of this, it will stop all purchases from your card by closing it.
This is very simple. You simply need to head to the Google Pay site if you have any questions. In addition to visiting the site, you can also talk to customer care agents.