PayPal at online casinos
PayPal is a leader when it comes to offering services that have to do with the deposit of digital currencies worldwide. It does not cost anything to use and works for online purchases, including playing in online casinos.
Which are the best PayPal casinos?
The best PayPal casinos are
- Captain Spins
- Jonny Jackpot
PayPal: What is it?
It has recently risen to be one of the most popular payment methods in many online gambling platforms. It functions similarly to a unique checking account an individual can use online.
The user deposits cash in his/her PayPal account through a bank transfer, from another PayPal account, or through a credit card or debit card. Then, they can use this money to make purchases or play in online casinos.
An individual who uses PayPal can link it to their credit card to make automatic withdrawals when they use it for deposits in online casinos. This way, the user can be sure of their vital data’s safety, as they don’t need to share it on every online platform they make purchases.
If you have a PayPal account, you can use it for all your online transactions, including playing in online casinos. If you prefer, you can open another account using a separate credit card, which you will dedicate to playing in online casinos. This is a great way for anyone to stick with a budget when playing online.
History of PayPal
Initially, PayPal was known as Confinity when first established in 1998 by Peter Theil and Max Levchin. It was later introduced as a money transfer platform in 1999 and attained in 2002; it got its first initial public offering.
In 2002, eBay purchased PayPal for a whopping $1.5bn, which is how it got into the limelight. After this remarkable feat, it started to rise in popularity and soon became an acceptable payment method by many online sellers.
PayPal spread its reach internationally while under eBay. And in 2006, they included 10 additional supported currencies.
After spending 16 years together, eBay felt it was time to let PayPal go. They picked Adyen as their major payment processor. This was a surprise to many people, even though eBay had assurances that the decision will be beneficial to buyers and sellers.
PayPal left eBay in 2015, but it will still be a payment option for those who shop on eBay until July 2023. This surprising breakup did not hinder the growth of this company as it keeps making huge leaps. Today, it is one of the most recognized payment options in online platforms, and punters especially love this option.
How do you create a PayPal account?
Creating a new PayPal account is not difficult. The first step is to head to their website here.
- Next, hit the sign-up button.
- You will need to include your phone number.
- Once you include your number and it has been verified as yours, you will need to fill in other details. These include your email address, a password, and your full name.
- Next, you will have to add other details like your date of birth, address information, and nationality.
- Check the user agreement box and click on create an account.
- Once you do this, you will get a verification email to the address you inputted. All that is left is to confirm your email and start using your new account.
Benefits of Using PayPal in Online Casinos
PayPal is a popular alternative for individuals who play in online casinos. This popularity is not without reason, as there are tons of benefits associated with using this payment platform. Here are a few of them:
PayPal is one of the fastest ways to fund your online casino account. All you need to do to initiate a payment with this option is to provide your username and password. The moment you confirm the payment, the amount almost instantly reflects in your balance. This usually takes less than a minute, which is better than many other online casinos’ payment options. The same is also the case for withdrawals as PayPal takes pride in having one of the fastest withdrawals today.
What’s more, you don’t have to deal with the hassles that come along with initiating payments using other methods. For instance, if you use your credit card for payment, you will need to provide other information like CVV codes, credit card numbers, etc. This can make payment very frustrating and even reduce the available time you play your favorite games.
Initiating a payment is not difficult, and you can do it from anywhere you are. This is because PayPal has apps for Android and IOS devices that work flawlessly.
It Supports over 20 Currencies
Regardless of the country, you are situated in, you are most likely going to find that PayPal supports your currency. This means you don’t have to spend additional fees to convert currency. PayPal supports 25 currencies, including Euros.
Asides from the common options, PayPal supports other currencies like DKK, NOK, JPY, HKD, and many more. Simply go through the list of currencies for yours, register, and start playing today.
Amazing Bonuses Available
Tons of reputable online casinos offer special promotions and bonuses to players who choose PayPal as their deposit option. This may not be the case for other popular options that don’t come with bonuses for players. In most cases, you can access these bonuses when you make your first deposit in the online casino using PayPal.
Casinos usually offer a deposit match bonus, which simply means you get the same amount you deposit as a bonus. For instance, if you deposit $100 using PayPal, you get an extra $100 to play your favorite games. If you plan to use PayPal to play in online casinos, it will be in your best interest to look out for these bonuses. This will ensure you get the best value for your deposits.
Available in Tons of Online Casinos
PayPal is widely available in numerous online casinos. This is a feat that not many payment systems have been able to accomplish. If you want to play in online casinos with PayPal as a payment option, you will have tons of options. Finding a suitable casino that has all your requirements will be an easy task. However, you should consider a few things when choosing an ideal PayPal casino, including game selection, welcome bonuses, payment options, etc.
It is Extremely Secure
PayPal is a solution that is very serious about security. For this reason, the payment solution offers extremely secure online payments. The high level of quality security this payment platform provides has earned it numerous awards.
PayPal always monitors all transactions to detect and avert fraudulent activities like phishing or identity thefts. The company also uses modern SSL encryptions to further improve security.
Lastly, PayPal allows you to make deposits and withdrawals anonymously. The only visible information you require is your username and password. What’s more, PayPal takes pride in not sharing its users’ payment information with third parties.
Making Deposits using PayPal
Using PayPal for deposits in online casinos is extremely simple. Even though the process may differ depending on the casino, you tend to get used to it with time. However, the steps below are generally helpful when making deposits in PayPal casinos.
- Be certain that there is cash in your PayPal account, or it is linked to a bank card with funds in it.
- Next, head to the online casino’s cashier section and select PayPal as your payment option.
- Input the amount you wish to deposit. However, make certain that you are in line with the specified minimum deposit of the casino.
- Hold on till the money shows up in your online casino account. In most cases, this is instantaneous if using PayPal.
- Start to play your favorite games using the funds you deposit. Also, make sure you utilize any bonus that you may have attained.
Withdrawing using PayPal
Like deposits, the deposit process may differ depending on the online casino you choose. However, they tend to generally look the same in all casinos. The steps below will help you ensure you can easily withdraw your winnings and enjoy it quickly.
- Make certain that the online casino you choose allows for withdrawals using PayPal.
- Next, make certain that you have met all the wagering requirements of bonuses. If you fail to meet them, it may be impossible to withdraw your winnings. Remember that there are sites that need you to make deposits using this payment method before you can withdraw.
- Find your way to the cashier section of your chosen online casino and choose PayPal as your method of withdrawal.
- Input your desired withdrawal amount and hit “Submit.”
- Some casinos may require you to upload some personal documents if you have not made a withdrawal before. This is to verify your identity and prevent your winnings from falling into the wrong hands. In most cases, you can do this using the support option, and it usually needs a photo ID, bank statement, or recent utility bill.
- After verifying your identity, your withdrawal request will be processed. Sometimes this is instant, but it could take as long as 24 hours in some cases. This is usually dependent on the casino as well.
- Wait for the funds to hit your account and start to enjoy your winnings!
PayPal Payout Speed
All payment methods have different processing speeds. Some are instant, while others can take up to 5 days. The great news is that when requesting a payout using PayPal, it is generally faster than other options like bank transfers, debit cards, and specific e-wallets.
The majority of the time, the online casino platform takes a while to process your transaction. It is usually between 1 – 48 hours, and it gives the online casino the time they need to ensure you are not a fraudulent individual.
After this is complete, PayPal withdrawal is instant. This makes it one of the quickest methods for withdrawal available.
Deposit and Withdrawal Limits
There is usually a deposit and withdrawal limit on your account when playing in online casinos, This is to make sure there is no ongoing fraud and your money does not fall into the wrong hands. Ultimately, it ensures you as the user stays safe all through the process.
But there are also specific methods of payments that have restrictions of their own regarding deposits and withdrawals. The great news is that PayPal is different as it does not have a specific limit attached when you want to fund your online casino account. You only have to follow the set limit of the online casino you are playing.
Most PayPal online casinos will usually require that you make a minimum deposit of around €10 – €20 when funding your online casino account. This aligns with most payment methods you will find today. There is also a max deposit amount for each online casino, but it is usually a huge enough sum to suit any player’s requirements.
You can expect some of the highest limits from PayPal in online casinos when it comes to withdrawals.
In terms of withdrawals, PayPal offers some of the highest limits of all online casino banking options. Again, this will be bound by the Paypal casino’s site’s limits, but PayPal’s maximum withdrawals typically range well into the thousands.
Essentially, this means PayPal is not only a fantastic option for casual players on a tighter budget but also a viable choice for those of you who prefer to play with much higher stakes.
Is PayPal Secure?
PayPal implements numerous security and safety measures for players. This ranges from Fraud Protection, Buyer Protection, and advanced data encryption measures.
Also, PayPal does not work with companies that have a good reputation. This means you can’t see a shady casino offering PayPal as a payment option. They also offer an Account Protection feature, which covers things like identity theft unauthorized purchases. This means that if an unauthorized person gets access to your account, you won’t lose all your cash. This service is great because it allows you to pay for items without exposing the details of your card. Even though it was one of the first e-wallets, it is still one of the top options.
Most payment methods come with specific fees attached, especially when you use them in online casinos. However, PayPal does not charge any fee for funding your online casino account or making withdrawals.
But, you may need to pay a small fee when you are sending funds from PayPal to your credit card or bank account. This is usually 2.9%, along with an additional $0.30. There may also be a currency conversion fee, which is usually around 3 – 4%. However, many online casinos support various currencies, so this may not be a problem.
Nonetheless, you may want to check out the banking terms and conditions of the online casino you are playing in beforehand. This will ensure there are no surprises, and you are completely aware of any fees you may need to pay before making any payments.
Pros of PayPal in Online Casinos
- It is one of the most reliable methods of payment in the world.
- All your transactions are insured.
- It is extremely convenient.
- Deposits are free in PayPal online casinos.
- Withdrawals are faster than many other payment options.
- With a PayPal account, you can play in numerous online casinos and enjoy other online services.
- Your banking methods are in a single PayPal account.
Cons of PayPal in Online Casinos
- Some online casinos have not come around to using this method.
- PayPal does not work in specific countries. Depending on the location of the casino you plan to play in, you may be unable to use this payment method.
- You may sometimes have to pay fees. There are instances when you may be charged a small fee anytime you transfer cash to online casinos. However, this is put in place by the online casino and not PayPal. What’s more, the amount is extremely intangible that you will be unable to tell.
FAQs About PayPal
No, not every online casino allows deposits and withdrawals using PayPal. In most cases, it is as a result of the restrictions set by the payment provider. You can go through our list of PayPal casinos to find those that support this option.
Yes, PayPal works in Online Casinos situated in Ireland. It also works in other EU countries like Denmark, Sweden, Greece, UK, Finland, and many more.
Yes, numerous e-wallets make great alternatives for PayPal. Some of these include Skrill and Neteller. The latter is a very reliable payment processor and was developed with the goal of online gambling.
Yes, PayPal is extremely safe for you to use in online casinos. They have tons of safety features in place, all of which aim to protect you and your funds.
No, you will need to pay the money into your PayPal account first. Then, you can send the funds to your bank account. This always ensures your account remains safe.